Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Looking for an easy dinner???

If you're anything like me, you are always on the look out for simple dinners that you don't have to think too much about. These 2 recipes came from my friend, Andrea. She discovered the barbeque chicken recipe and then created the buffalo chicken one. Both are delish and SO, SO, SO easy~peasy! And we should know....I have 3 boys and Andrea has 4....sometimes dinner is the last thing we have to worry about in our busy days :)

BONUS ~ these are made with frozen chicken breasts ~ again, if you're anything like me ~ totally takes the pressure off remembering to take something out of the freezer to defrost.

The directions are the same for both, just different ingredients for the sauce....

Pulled Barbeque Chicken
12oz barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Pulled Buffalo Chicken
1 tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/2 cup Sriracha hot sauce (I found this in the Asian section of the grocery store - I think it's Korean hot sauce)
1 cup your choice hot sauce
10 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 package Ranch seasoning packet

Mix together and pour over 6 frozen chicken breasts in CrockPot. Cook 3-4 hours on high OR 6-8 hours on low. Remove chicken, shred using 2 forks, return chicken to sauce in pot and heat through. Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese on rolls.

You can also 1/2 the recipe ~ this makes a lot. I made both of these for Evan's birthday on Sunday and it fed 12 adults with some left over.

Let me know if you make it what you think.....ENJOY!

No comments: