Friday, August 6, 2010

skippyjon jones

I apologize for the delay in posts.


I had the opportunity to be a part of the Millersville Writing Institute this week - one week, every day from 8 am to 4 pm for 3 credits. Every morning was spent with a nationally acclaimed author of teacher resource material and today was a children's book author and illustrator.


You may of heard of her...Judy Schachner!


Yes, Skippyjon Jones' "Mama Junebug" entertained us for several hours this morning with her humorous stories, photos, and readings from her books and others. I could have listened to her for hours! So many things she spoke about I could completely relate to...I wanted to sit with her and pick her brain. But I settled for a photo instead :)


Our afternoons were spent in grade-like groups writing and conferencing with one another.

I think I discovered my inner-writer and I don't want to lose her again!

I have stories that need to be told! :)
I can't wait to tell you more after I've had time to decompress...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Find the inner writer and don't lose her...we'll be on the journey together...I'm re-finding mine;) maybe you knew: www.findtheflametofan.blogspot.com