Thursday, March 3, 2011

thankful thursday

Today I am thankful for the kindness of a stranger.

The kindness was not toward me or anyone in my family,
but I would hope that if I were ever in this situation,
I would be afforded the same honesty.

While I ran into the grocery store last night,
Mark, who was waiting in the car,
witnessed a woman leaving.
As she was leaving,
she dropped money without realizing it

Out of the blue,
Mark sees this hulking,
scruffy looking guy chase after the wind-blown cash
and return it to her.

He didn't have to do that.
He could have slipped it into his pocket,
and she would have been none the wiser.

However, he didn't.
He was honest and kind-hearted,
and his quick decision to act with integrity
has somewhat restored my faith in the human race.

Today I am thankful for scruffy man.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: