Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good Job, Mommy

Ryan continues to crack us up on a daily basis. He regularly raises his sippy cup at the kitchen table and says, "CHEERS!" and expects us all to clink his cup with ours. What 2 year old does that???

Earlier this week, as we were sitting and eating our lunches, Ryan took a bite of his sandwich, looked at me, and said, "Good job, Mommy!" I looked at him and asked him why he said that. He returned my look with a smile and said, "Good sam-ich." He made my day!

He also thinks quite highly of himself. Tonight in the car, he was singing every song on the Laurie Berkner CD and at the end of each one, he congratulated himself...."Good job! Awesome!" What a monkey!

Yesterday at breakfast, Ryan kept saying the same thing over and over again. Something like "Pie-pooey." I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he was trying to say. I kept asking him what kind of cereal he wanted and he kept repeating himself. It finally dawned on me that he was telling me he wanted Pirate Booty for breakfast. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...

This morning, we were all laying in our bed trying to wake up. Ryan was the last one to join us and when he did, he greeted everyone but Evan with a "Hi,______ (fill in the blank)" Evan felt slighted and said, "Ryan, you didn't say hi to me." Ryan, not missing a beat, turned and said, "Hi, me!" :) Mark and I were cracking up over that one. He's a piece of work.

No comments: