Thursday, March 26, 2009

Backseat Banter

Over the last few weeks, I've been storing up some conversations to share with you.
Evan & Ryan have had these conversations with themselves and with each other in the back seat of the car and I've had the pleasure of eavesdropping.....

R: Why do we have to live so far away from everyone? [in his 3 year old world, driving more than 15 minutes anywhere "takes sooooooooo long."]

E: Some people live in France and don't have any friends.

R: Why?

E: It takes years to get to France.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driving past the post office where all the cute little blue & white mail trucks "sleep" at night...

E: Look! That's where they make mail!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to my current favorite CD by Shawn McDonald in the car. In the song Beautiful, the words are "Won't you take me, and make me beautiful."

R: I like this song, Ev. It says "Take me and BAKE me ~ he gets fried up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, I keep my make-up bag in the car and slap on my pretty face when we're stopped at red lights.

R: Mommy, what are you putting on your eyes?

M: Mascara.

R: Is that chocolate for your eyes?

M: Sort of :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

This brought a smile to my face today! I think kids say the funniest things but the things that boys say just seem to be funnier.

Cassie said...

So cute! You need to do a layout on that.
I remember last summer driving down to the beach in Delaware. In the distance Nicholas saw a nuclear power plant and he said "Look, Mommy, a cloud maker!"

Danielle said...

Those comments are too cute. How fun that you have them written down so that you won't forget them. I love the fun way little kids' minds work.
Praying and praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Ryan is a trip!!!