Saturday, March 21, 2009

Early Riser


Someone needs to teach my Ryan that Saturdays are for sleeping in,
because apparently he's not understanding the words coming out of my mouth....

I don't get it. He was

up until 10:30ish last night...

up at 3:40 a.m. coughing ~ needed a breathing treatment and a dose of cough syrup....

but, never fail, still up and at 'em. bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. at 7:30 this morning.


You're probably thinking, "That's not early, Amy." And you're right.

But the other two sleep in, especially when they've been up so late.
Nathan until 8:30 and Evan until 9:19 this morning. Sensible boys. :)


It's just that I'm tired [literally and figuratively!] of being awakened by
the incessant rolling of the toilet paper roll,
the 52 toilet flushes,
the scraping of the stool across the linoleum floor,
and the tapping on the wall. On the other side of which lies my sleepy head.
Followed inevitably by the
"Get your tired butt out of your warm bed 'Moooom-my, wipe my hieney'" wake-up call.


I guess I'm lamenting the fact that
"one of these kids is doing his own thing...one of these kids is just not the same..."
Or maybe I'm just a tad jealous of my boy's regularity. :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't stand giving Colin a breathing treatment, it lights him up and he is completly wired fromt he meds. But hyper is better than not breathing, right?

Thanks for the congrats, I got really lucky this last month and got picked up in CK and Scrapbook Trends. I'm thrilled beyond belief! Hope you get some rest today!

Cassie said...

My two woke up early and played in Sophie's room without waking us up! It was like a miracle.

Unknown said...

OH no!! Ok, my kids are 10 & 12 and still wake me up, especially Ethan... must be a boy thing!