Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sock Chickens, Part 2

Remember this post?

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he needed sock chickens in the sandbox....

Last week after the sock chicken episode, I decided to sit out on the deck and help Evan with his homework there while the other kids were playing. I observed Ryan playing intensely in the sandbox. He was pouring and stirring and mixing and would get very upset if Nathan or C disturbed anything.

Then, I overheard him telling Nathan that he was mixing up the cheese with the breadcrumbs to put on the chicken. The "chicken" was 4 shovels lined up in a row awaiting their crumb coating.

This child tells us almost on a daily basis that when he grows up he's going to go to chef school and become a chef.

He loves watching shows like "Everyday Food" and "Rachael Ray."

And when asked what he was thankful for on Thanksgiving, his first answer was the refrigerator.

I'm beginning to think we have a foodie on our hands :)



No comments: