Friday, December 3, 2010

quote of the week

About two months ago, when Mark was cleaning out our unfinished basement, he brought up a present for the boys....

a 4 foot long snake skin.

The boys, of course, thought this was pretty cool.

I, however, did not.

I decided that a 4 foot snake skin was reason enough to avoid the basement altogether. That meant sending Mark down to bring up decorations and sending Evan and/or Ryan down to get things out of the freezer. I know, I'm a great mom, aren't I?

Don't get bitten by any snakes while you're getting the frozen peas out for dinner, okay?

Fast forward to tonight. We decided to make s'mores by roasting marshmallows by the woodstove as an after dinner treat. I figured it's been a while since Mark discovered our snake skin and we haven't seen any more evidence that he's living in our basement, so I joined the boys and had some yummy s'mores. Who could turn down s'mores made with Carmello bars?

While we were down there, Mark turned off the lights to better set the mood and Ryan begged him to turn them back on.

R: Dad, I do NOT want to get bitten by that snake! He's going to get me!

Nathan turns to him with an 'are-you-kidding-me-look' and says:

Ryan, snakes can't open doors!

DUH!

I think my fears are subsiding, but I'm still going to be on high alert for any signs of snakes in the basement :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we were just talking about snakes! unfortunately more poisonous here (something I WON'T miss)...i think since it's cooler you won't see any until (possibly) it gets warmer...

i loved it all...sending evan and ryan down to get things...i would do this too! it all made me smile!

Kristin said...

You are so much braver than me...I think I wpuld have to move!

I don't know that I can even come over to visit.