Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine Craft Tutorial


 Last year, I made this super-easy and super-cute paper heart garland.
 Several people wondered how I made it, so I put together this short tutorial
 for you just in time to make for Valentine's Day.


First, pick out some pretty coordinating papers.
I used about 4-5 different papers and cut twelve 2 3/4" hearts out
of each on my Cricut machine.  If you use double sided paper, you
won't need quite so many. If you don't have a Cricut, you could
hand-cut or punch out your hearts.


My garland ended up holding 28 hearts, but you can make yours
as long or as short as you want.


I laid out the hearts on my floor, alternating patterns so that two of
the same were not right next to each other.  I also checked to make
sure that each side was a different pattern.


I applied three spots of adhesive to stick the two sides of each
heart together.  If you used double-sided paper, you can skip this step.


I sewed the hearts together, leaving about a foot of thread
on either end for hanging.  Make sure your sew line is towards
the top of the heart so that your garland is balanced and the hearts
don't flip over when you hang it up.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa~ said...

Love this! So cute!

M~