Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mustache Party

I really don't know when or where my obsession infatuation with mustaches began.

Looking back at some of my old blog posts,

there's this post about our family talent show act dancing with stick-on mustaches to the Funky Monkeys' song "Mustache."

And this post with my boys' green smoothie mustaches.

And this post with Ryan in full mustache and eyebrows.

I think you get the idea.

April 2013 marked a pretty big milestone in Evan's life ~ he turned 10 years old!  Double digits!  I cannot even believe it's been 10 years since we were blessed with our first....

Anyway....what better way to celebrate than to have a Mustache Party?!?

It was just our family, so I knew I could be goofy.  They don't expect anything less.

I downloaded and cut out these great mustaches that I used to string from the ceiling to the half wall between the family room and kitchen.  This photo makes them look a little like bats, but in real life, they  were pretty cool.


I also used these mustaches to adorn our photos hanging on the wall.


There was a mustache cake.  Yes, you must turn your head to view.  For some reason, this pic didn't stay rotated in the upload??


And straws with mustaches.


Oh, and of course, EVERYONE had to put on a mustache at the start of the party.









I stole this idea from my niece's 1st birthday party (thanks, Kim!).  I tried to find photos of Evan from every year since his first birthday and strung them up on a clothesline along the mantle.  It was a fun trip down memory lane and makes me realize how quickly my first baby is growing up!  


No comments: