Thursday, May 1, 2008

Can't they just stay this way forever?

Nathan's 18 months old today!! :( I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing up. Definitely have mixed emotions about it. He's SUCH a pleasant little guy - always has been. My fear is that the "terrible 2's" are going to start kicking in...

Lately, he's been trying to do everything [and I mean EVERYTHING] the older two are doing. This includes moonbouncing, hitting baseballs, and especially CLIMBING!! Time to get out the helmet! :) He'll carry around the baseball bat [which is as tall as he is] and the ball - he looks like a frustrated baseball player. He LOVES to put on Evan's baseball hat [which practically fits him - ah, such big noggins my boys have]. Lately, he's been climbing on the little play chair he has to get himself up on our cedar chest coffee table. And I wonder why I've been seeing more gray hairs on my head!!

Mark and I just absolutely LOVE this age and wish he could stay this way forever. Love the way he puckers up his face every time he sees the camera. Love the way he wants to carry his monkey and blanket around the house all of a sudden. Love the way he calls for Evan: "Ev-a..." [Ryan is a little harder to say] Love the way he keeps himself occupied. Love the way he'll disappear and I'll find him EVERY TIME in a corner of his room looking at his books. Love the way he plays peek-a-boo and blows kisses. I could go on and on. Just love him to death!

No comments: