Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Evan, the Organizer

A few weeks back, Evan asked me for paper, marker, scissors, and tape and he disappeared upstairs into his room he shares with Ryan. I didn't really think twice about the supplies he asked me for ~ I can trust him to not draw on the walls or cut up his clothes. And any time I can get my kids to entertain themselves for longer than 15 minutes without the aid of an electronic device, I'm thrilled.

[On the other hand, if Ryan had asked me for the same said supplies and wanted to use them in his bedroom, the answer would have been a resounding, "NO!" But I digress...]

When Evan was finished his project, he proudly dragged me upstairs by the hand to show off his masterpiece: he had labeled his drawers and closet.
Blue dresser, top down:
shirts
gens [jeans]
sock and udwar [underwear]
and my personal favorite, bjomus [pajamas].

Closet: logsl slevs [long sleeves]

White drawers: short slevs [short sleeves] ~ at least his spelling is consistent :)

Mark & I got a big kick out of this and Evan was so proud of himself.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really cute. My son loves to clean his room. It is so funny. My daughter is a slob... oh well. 1 out of 2 ain't bad!!

Unknown said...

I love this...it's so fun to celebrate these fun, unique things with your kids...it does make me look forward to the growing up process when I really want my baby to STAY a baby...