Friday, July 23, 2010

chores, chores, chores

For the past few weeks, Evan has been begging us relentlessly to give him an allowance. And being the good parents that we are, we're going to make him work for it ~ hee, hee!

Hence, the traditional chore chart. I actually started this project for Evan a few years ago and never finished it because I was afraid to draw the pictures for the chores. Well, I dove in headfirst Tuesday and sketched them out in pencil first and then once I was satisfied, I went over them with a gray marker.

The base of this is a square magnetic board that I bought at Walmart for about $7. The star magnets are wooden stars that we painted (yes, Ryan 'helped' me) and then glued button magnets on the backside. The alien stickers I had purchased on the clearance rack for a $1 at Michael's way back ~ they are SandyLion brand ~ isn't that alien just the cutest??


Here's the chart before the chores are finished:




And as he finishes each chore, he moves the stars to cover them. Here's an after shot:




And here's a close-up of one of his chores.

Supplies: Magnet board, Walmart; Gray pp, Unknown; Green pp, Scenic Route;
Paper rocket ship, Basic Grey; Ribbon, Cosmo Cricket; White letter stickers, American Crafts;
Metal letters, We R Memory Keepers; Mini blue letter stickers, Making Memories:
Alien stickers, SandyLion; Wood stars, paint, and magnets, Other.

Each chore must be completed everyday, with the exception of wiping down the bathroom and taking out the trash ~ those are once a week jobs. If Evan works hard, he can earn a whopping $2 a week! Multiply that by 52 weeks and he'll earn over $100 in a year! Not bad for a 7 year old!
I'll keep you posted on how this goes...



No comments: